Monday, April 23, 2018

Helping my son's English homework : Walk Two Moons

My 6th-grade son doesn't do his homework on time.

He had a homework that he needs to read a book and fill in each character's background,  thoughts, deeds,  blah blah blah.

My son did read the whole book but he had a hard time describing how to write each question.  I don't want to read the whole book so I googled "Walk Two Moons" "Review" "Main character's mom" "whoever's characteristics" and bingo! I found most of the stuff and let him write down. I know my son needs really help with writing skills but that's another story. Anyway, after reading some reviews, I got a picture of the story. A mom of the main character left her family because of her sufferings and her daughter started searching for her mother, accepting bitter facts, and the girl's self-finding story.

The main character's dad seems like a nice person, and honestly, I know it's the fiction but I was like, "Leaving a whole family having such a nice daughter and husband? Wake up this self-pitying woman. " and my son said this, "You know, the dad had an affair with her mom's best friend." That made me changed my reaction.  Poor mother, after having a miscarriage and betrayed by her husband and he acts like the nicest person in the world towards his daughter? I know how you feel!

I didn't read the whole book so I might be wrong for all this but,

I am having a difficult time right now, my husband left, and had a girlfriend immediately, so I'm going thru a divorce, financial uneasiness, blah blah, but I wouldn't leave my kids and my life.

I know sometimes everybody goes through a tough time but if you don't keep your chin up, you just slid down to the darkness and you can't get out. You might need some help and cheer from your friend and family,  but only yourself can let you stand up and live up your life and get through the situation and that's what I'm trying to say to my self, kids are with daddy tonight, and I'm looking forward tomorrow to see them.





I take this natural remedy for the stress relief


No comments: